David ‘Davido’ Adeleke popularly known as Omo Baba Olowo “OBO” is a multiple-award-winning Nigerian singer and founder of record label David I Music worldwide (DMW)
Here is 20 Facts About Davido Adeleke ‘Davido’ (OBO)
David Adedeji Adeleke was born in Atlanta, Georgia in the United States on November 21, 1992 and was raised in Lagos, Nigeria. And he is better known on stage as ’Davido’, He is an American-born Nigerian singer, songwriter and record producer.
Davido is the son of Nigerian billionaire businessman Adedeji Adeleke while his mother, Late Mrs. Veronica Adeleke was a University lecturer before her demise.
Davido attended his secondary school at British International School In Lagos, before he proceed to Oakwood University to study Business Administration but was short-lived as the singer dropped out and returned to Nigeria to pursue his music career.
4. He got admitted into Babcock University to study Music, a department his father helped set up.
Davido’s uncle, Isiaka Adeleke was the first Governor of Osun State and two-time Nigerian Senator
6. Davido’s HKN mates, B Red and Sina Rambo as well as Adenike Adeleke, are his cousins being children of his uncle, Senator Isiaka Adeleke
As a teenager, he started his music as a “backup” for rising rapper Sina Rambo. He then started a group with B-Red and Rambo called KB International.
8. Davido’s debut single, ‘Back When’ which features Naeto C was well received and established him as an act to watch out for. Davido was also allegedly to have paid Naeto C a sum of N1m to feature on the song. The song was recorded in London.
9. Davido’s first manager was “Asa Asika” is the cousin of Naeto C and Storm 360 boss, Obi Asika.
10. Davido’s Assurance was released on the 30th of April, 2018 in which he featured chioma in the music video. Davido dropped the song to celebrate his lover, Chioma, on her birthday and it was also rumoured that Davido gift Chioma car worth the sum of 45 million Naira attached with the song to make Chioma’s birthday a glorious one.
11. Properties/Net Worth
In 2012 Davido bought a house worth N140 million in Lekki Phase 1 at the age of 20
12. The details of Davido’s finances are not easily accessible, but the leader of the 30 Billion Gang is worth a reported whopping $18 million dollars.
13. Social Media
The Nigerian music star now has over 16 million followers on Instagram, making him the first Nigerian artist to have such a high social media following. He also have over 6 million followers on twitter.
Davido welcomed his first daughter, Imade, with Sophie Momodu in May 2015.
Sophie is a niece of popular journalist, Dele Momodu.
15. In May 2017, The Nigerian artiste, Davido announce the arrival of his second daughter, Hailey, with his American girlfriend, Amanda. who he had a brief relationship with.
16. On September 2nd 2019. Davido did the introduction of his fiancé, Chioma Rowland.
17. On September 12 2019 Davido Propose to his fiancé, chioma and she said “Yes”
18. On October 20th 2019 Davido welcomed his first son with Chioma, Who he named David Adedeji Ifeanyi Adeleke Junior (Jnr) with his fiancé, Chioma.
19. On Friday, March 27, 2020, Nigeria music star David Adeleke, AKA Davido, took to his Instagram page to announce that his partner had tested positive for coronavirus after she came back from London.
20. On Sunday, April 19, 2020, Davido took to his twitter page to announce that his fiancé, Chioma has tested negative twice for Coronavirus.
The pop star tweeted, “Glory be to God .. Chioma has now tested negative twice for Covid19 … Thank you all for prayers …. We love you ..”
Check out Davido’s Instagram Photos Here,
See more on Davido Instagram, Davidos Instagram Photos, Davido Instagram Page, Davido Instagram Account, Davido Adeleke here@davidoofficial